1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonscus Coffee Shop

Discussion in 'Hero Ideas' started by Wrooks, Oct 8, 2016.

1. carlvic

carlvic Moderator Staff Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Intriguing. A reverse fiery soul?

2. Wrooks

Wrooks Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Attackspeed being slowed when a spell is used that's an epic idea

Haasva likes this.
  3. carlvic

Aug 3, 2009
    I don't think that's what we're on to here Wrooks.

4. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Do something with projectile speed, cast speed. Force Valve to rewrite their entire engine by a the matrix like slow for everything around you :cat:

1Frame_Dynamism likes this.
  5. Skulls_n_Souls

Skulls_n_Souls Member

May 17, 2012
    So. Two new heroes.
    Puss-in-Boots-like hero's abilities seem to have a Break ability, some kind of mobility ability that disables as well, similar to snowball (actually it seemed much like summer's helix's ult). I think he has a disarm ability and an AoE damage based on his damage.

Sylph is kinda mysterious. Could she be the 4th spirit? However her abilities seem to be dependant on that insect she has in a cage.

What scares me is that this is exactly what riot did in LoL a few months back - releasing a female and a male champions at the same time. I hope these two arent champions as well.

6. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Member

Oct 29, 2013
    No china hat or being made of an element; so i doubt shes a spirit from the ember/earth/storm line

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Ryugo likes this.
  7. Haasva

Haasva Member

Dec 26, 2011
    this cat looking hero is a fucking joke? the same rolling from LoL's champion. Nice valve.

8. summer-penguin

summer-penguin Moderator Staff Member

Feb 18, 2011
    I stranged it too, Haas. Really felt like a design thought to LoL.
    Both actually.
    Reddit must be filled w/ "furry doto is real" or "doto = LoL" topics right now.
    They do look nice though.

Anyone noticed that the theme of that pangolin/badger swashbuckler is carlvic's Mifune?
    But latin, and LoL-ish.

And I thought the same thing about the break, Skulls. I interpreted it the same way.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Smart people think alike.

Also, remembering the leak, the sylph hero had the following abilities:
    • Grapple
    • Shadow Realm
    • Flash Powder
    • Will-O-Wisp
    Will-O-Wisp could be what we saw on the teaser.

9. summer-penguin

summer-penguin Moderator Staff Member

Feb 18, 2011
  10. carlvic

Aug 3, 2009
    I swear, I am not the father.

1Frame_Dynamism and Beary like this.
  11. Beary

Beary Member

Jun 10, 2009
    What's the purpose of the playdota hero gallery, again?

12. Skulls_n_Souls

Skulls_n_Souls Member

May 17, 2012
    Having a hero of yours to be on display and stickied for a month. Some viewers dont want to go through the trouble of searching for heroes they like. In comes the gallery.

13. Beary

Beary Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Would I wrong to assume that there is another approach to the hero gallery? I would like to suggest highlighting the chosen suggestions at the beginning of the openings post and hide the wall of text. I like the graphics for opening title, but the images are misleading and distracting. I do not agree with having to wait a month to submit an entry. A creator should be able to message you when ready and their suggestion be on display up to a longer duration, three months seems a whole lot better than one. As part of the submission, the creator must have a 300px by 300px, or whatever size, image to use as a placeholder for their suggestion.

What I'm trying to say is, clean it up. Right now it does not look like a gallery.

There is no mention as to what happens to a hero suggestion link once it is taken down. Shouldn't there be a history with a link to previous suggestions?

I really do not agree with creators posting their suggestion in the thread.

Also, do not make it an acronym. PDHG is not fun to type.

1Frame_Dynamism likes this.
  14. 1Frame_Dynamism

1Frame_Dynamism Member

Aug 7, 2009
    That's more in-line with what I was thinking a Gallery would be.
    Why not have quite literally 100% of all COMPLETELY FINALIZED SUGGESTIONS be available for view in the Hero Suggestion Forum Official Gallery?

If a Hero is DONE, sent to Skulls/Penguin, and fits all the requirements as being absolutely maxed-out in terms of necessities, and only left for minor tweaks for balance/etc by the maker.
    It seems like THIS is what the Gallery would be for. For the benefit of this forum in essentially every possible way I can think of.
    Would it not?

Haasva likes this.