1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Middle East Politics and Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Discussion in 'World News & Debate' started by Petique, Dec 29, 2016.

1. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Member

Feb 15, 2012
    You know, if it was someone else wounding and killing so many unarmed civillians, they'd end with tons of economy sanction.

2. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    A majority of people shot and killed were Hamas members or Palestinian jihad members.

On Monday there were several armed groups who actually crossed the border and engaged the IDF in firefights.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to imagine that a protest can have both innocent protesters and Hamas soldiers, and that the IDF is pretty good at distinguishing the two.

3. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Have both: maybe. Distuinguishable is actually hard to blv.

They both blv the same thing though, prolly. Why would they both come to the protest otherwise.

I think its better to admit that the people of this land do not accept ur regimr existance

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  4. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    We never thought otherwise :(

5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Lets get to the bottom of this then.

Edit: I guess this is going to be individual conviction but the nations will still have enmity forever.

6. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Happy to discuss. It's a complicated situation with no clear solution, even after 70+ years.

I forget which country you're from? It wasn't Jordan was it?

7. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Member

Feb 15, 2012
    really? you meant those 2k+ ppl who got wounded were mostly from hamas? and they were all armed? You know, in EU there's also plenty of aggressive idiots, from all kind of sides. Whenever all those crazy anarchist attack police with rocks, molotovs, etc they cause huge danger, but no country which cosider themself as civilized would ever open fire to so many unarmed ppl. It's unimaginable that country such as Israel which have insane technological advantage wasn't able to find less drastic solution.

Everyone understand that accidents happen, but how the heck do you wound over 2k ppl? Politics might dont say much, because they will be afraid of being called anti-Semite. However, majority of normal ppl dont give a damn about that and they will look at Israel like they are some cruel monsters who shot civilians on any occasion.

btw, found this meme: https://i.imgur.com/4uZE4Na.jpg

8. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Most of the people who were shot weren't unarmed.

9. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Maybe if they didn't light tires on fire so the smoke could cover the positions where they were throwing rocks from then it wouldn't have been a problem.
    Hamas is using these idiots as human shields and they are happy every time a Palestinian dies so they can get to cry about the evil jew. 10x happier when it's a child that died, since how could an innocent child have been armed? No one asks why the fuck their cockroach parents thought to bring along their child into that danger in the first place.

And the fact that anyone who manages to get himself killed by an Israeli is automatically hailed as a martyr is doing just the opposite of preventing these fools from charging into their own graves.

10. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-official-50-of-the-people-killed-in-gaza-riots-were-members/

Hamas official says that 50 out of the 63 killed were Hamas members.

If you don't like ToI, here's a Palestinian news source:

http://alaqsavoice.ps/news/details/203028

So according to Westerners, Israel can't even shoot Hamas militants who are actively crossing the border with guns and explosives. Which happened on Monday.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5261606,00.html

In their mind, Israel should let armed militants into its country, give them all citizenship, and live happily ever after.

11. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Hey that's how we do it in the west, don't you want to be progressive like us?

12. Unreal99

Unreal99 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    What's the difference between these "militants" we let into the country and these kids from the "race of peace" shooting up schools every weekend? Or movie theaters, concerts, churches, etc. Conservatives seem to turn a blind eye to all the white domestic terrorists while focusing all their attention on a significantly smaller threat to our society.

13. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    For some reason Israel doesn't have this kind of gun violence like the US.

Which is funny because a lot of 18 year olds own machine guns here.

14. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Actions of individuals shouldn't be generalized on an entire group of people.
    And where did you pick up this "race of peace" ?

How is this terrorism ? There is a difference between serial killers and terrorists.

Or, they are just saying "we got enough of our own problems, we shouldn't be importing more problems".

And since you are at asking questions maybe you could answer one, too.
    How ?

15. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Maybe becuz you have relevant punishment to such crimes, or maybe becuz you have better Judicial system than the US.

16. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I'm really not sure. On the surface I don't think our judicial system is better, maybe even worse.

It's bizarre, even during the intifadas when we had people blowing themselves up in the streets, our murder rate was less than in the US.

17. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Maybe the US gove not care about her citizens then.

18. Unreal99

Unreal99 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Unless they're Muslim! Hypocrites.

Not this particular case, but others. Look at all the right-wing terrorists the FBI has thankfully stopped. Most of which were out to start a race war. When discussing security, it's not Muslims I'm worried about.

Obama won due in part to voter fraud, massive turnout of minority voters and rallying liberals. When discussing issues of race in America, it's important to keep in mind that this issue is predominant specifically among conservatives. Hence me saying "conservatives turn a blind eye.." and not America as a whole.

19. Unreal99

Unreal99 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Maybe importing Muslims to balance out the crazies we have here wouldn't be such a bad thing? I'd rather take my chances with them.

20. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Please give examples of right wingers that were going to carry out attacks in the name of their ideology, I'm genuinely curious to see them.

Since sunnis make up 87-90% percent of the muslim population then it is highly accurate to judge a muslim as dangerous. Basically you only have 10% chance to be wrong.

By all means, but import them in the ghettos, maybe they can cancel each other out.