1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Na`Vi discussion thread

Discussion in 'Competitive' started by kaybo999, Oct 8, 2016.

1. kaybo999

kaybo999 New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

Na`Vi roster:

[​IMG] Dmitry "Ditya Ra" Minenkov
    [​IMG] Danil "Dendi" Ishutin
    [​IMG] Victor "GeneRaL" Nigrini
    [​IMG] Akbar "SoNNeikO" Butaev (C)
    [​IMG] Ivan "Artstyle" Antonov

Liquipedia page

Disappointing performance at TI, thought they could do better than that. Best of luck to them this season, glad Na`Vi finally stuck to its roster.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. Jolk

Jolk Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Can't wait for them to play again just to see some VittuLima posts in here

3. Sorrowfiend

Sorrowfiend New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I expected a lot better from them at TI; but maybe since a lot of the other Tier 1 teams are new and inexperienced with their fresh rosters, NaVi can successfully qualify/be invited and do well at the Boston Major.

4. WingDotA

WingDotA New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Really happy they stuck together, I think they still have some growing to do as a team.

So long as Dendi brings his A-game I think this team can go far.

5. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Need vitulima to approve this

Eli_Green likes this.
  6. nam9xz

nam9xz Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Seriously, I think General should expand his hero pool. Sonneiko stops tilting. Dendi, as the symbol of Navi, is the one I expect and disappoint most. He needs to keep up with the other mid players.

After all, I hope the team will go to top 3 in this major.

7. Soul Snatcher

Soul Snatcher New Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I think General's hero pool size wise is sufficient enough. His biggest issue is farming. He can be the top farmer on the map in the first 10 minutes of the game but then his networth falls down to the level of a support.

I am not sure who I want to play on 4th position. I think Artstyle and Sonneiko are both amazing in that role. Sonneiko is arguably more reliable I guess but Artstyle is appealing to watch. Having said that, I'd like to see one of them play more of Earthshaker, Night Stalker and a hero like Undying.

In the recent months, I think Dendi has been very consistent with his performance. I don't recall him losing his lane or lagging behind in the gold department. He can execute Navi's gameplan on both spacemakers and greedy mid heroes which a lot of players are inadept to do.

I think Ditya is solid but he doesn't seem to have developed an ability to solo carry the games. He relies on one of his teammates to make an enermous impact on the game before he can be proclaimed as one of the key players on the map.

Na'vi's heavily reliant on the success of their laning stage. This is the part of the game which adds fuel to the fire for at least 3 of their players. They are momentum based team. This is their biggest strength and also weakness. If none of them have a good game at the start then I think they just get lost all together and begin hosting a feed fest. I believe that the boys can reset and put some top notch results this season. EG will probably their biggest enemy because of their substantial ability to turtle objective based teams; however, if Navi enhance their confidence and team's cohesion then EG might not be so yearning to face them as well.

8. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    he's here ?

anyway, they lose in dotapit qualifier, which i dont know why... im just sad. . . .
    alliance had batter days than navi recently

9. iLag

iLag Member

Jul 19, 2012
    At this rate, no way NaVi or Liquid qualify, and they are my two favourite Euro teams :(

I hope they have a 'miracle' turn around and qualify.

Hopefully secret dont qualify :) Would be very pleased with that.

10. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Member

Jun 10, 2009
    So, Secret got their asses delivered to them. This team has the composition, not too many stupid mistakes like they did in the past. Team is consistent, even if they loose, they fight it through.

11. Kasdriu

Kasdriu New Member

Dec 31, 2009
    But thats what happened on the last shuffle(When GeneraL joined) they look good for a while but then the team just flops. I wish they would get more consistent, so after those first months the team could keep the level.

12. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Bumping considering good performance by the squad.

Navi after the OP (With pajkatt biver rmn) and the next after(with sonneiko return) perform poorly.

But after TI with crystalize /rodjer/ xbocy coach play quite well...

They at least able to qualified on some major/minor altough not at liquid/secret/mineski tier.

Dunno about chinese since they doesnt really look as strong as they are in TI7..