1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Social Justice Debates

Discussion in 'World News & Debate' started by Blarrg, Oct 8, 2016.

1. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
  2. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Yes I know that. But the point is the guy was criticizing the way the company functions and that is pretty much, well, doubleplusungood in the eyes of Google.

The press was saying that his memo, or manifesto, was anti-diversity. CNN was even caught modifying their headlines after branding the man with false accusation. This is rather bothersome and the mass media, once again, only focus on clickbaiting rather than reports with good quality.

I have a question, though. The coverage of the memo started before the man being fired, or because he was fired so that the press jumped in?

3. Nezekan

Nezekan Moderator Staff Member

Jan 17, 2011
    The memo is months old, the fact that it was leaked caused this uproar. Which again shows he was fired for reasons other than the memo itself.

4. NaL-Ra

NaL-Ra Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Not true. You are just not watching "in the right direction".

You can always rely on, the most influential media outlet in America, to lead the fight in protecting the basic human rights, free speech and against censorship.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I was actually talking about it with my friend, a software engineer, just yesterday. His team is mostly white men over 35 with a couple Asians. Their supervisor dragged them to some diversity forum, where he proclaimed they need to hire "a colored woman" (yes, he said it, "a colored woman").

And this is pretty much the problem with all these "diversity" initiatives in the Silicon Valley: they just want to hire "a colored woman" to show how amazing and progressive they are, check out a box, and move on further with their toxic bro culture. Which is why I don't believe in any diversity initiatives, especially when they are run by white men... because they aren't actually about diversity, but about trying to look good on paper.

I am not against this kind of crap because I am anti-diversity, but because I am against the way it's implemented and the intent behind them. Google may have fired the man, who is now the victim saint of the alt-right and gives interviews to Breitbart, but they should really consider him a symptom of a larger problem: their staff being almost exclusively white men (and some Asian men). This guy and unscientific manifesto is not an isolated case, it is how most white men think anyway... and what is funny is that the guy who wrote it supposedly went for a PhD in systems biology at Harvard, but dropped out after 2 years because it was too hard for him, and he switched to coding. And then he created this unscientific manifesto about biology, lul.

So I don't think Google handled it the right way, and I don't think they actually care about diversity... that said, the guy is definitely a fedora virgin who was super salty that he couldn't get laid.

In other news, all commercial employment in California is at will, so the employer can fire anyone at any time. Google could have fired this guy for being ugly, and it would have been perfectly legal.

It's literally in every news outlet, including Haaretz. I would expect someone with a BEng degree to be able to analyze keywords and be able to run a Google search, but since you can't, here are a few links:
    - Car Plows Into Crowd Protesting White Nationalist Rally in Charlottesville: the alt-right is now lowing cars into peaceful antifa counterprotesters (first title on first page of Haaretz, too)
    - White nationalists march, chant Nazi slogan in Charlottesville: talks about chants "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil." For the people who don't know, "blood and soil" is a reference to the Blut und Boden racist ideology from 19th century Germany, which was later adopted by the Nazis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Soil
    - State of Emergency Declared in Charlottesville After Protests Turn Violent
    - Car Plows Into Crowd After White Nationalist Protest In Virginia
    - White nationalist rally in Virginia sparks violent clashes, emergency declaration
    This is literally in every news outlet around the world, and you are asking for links? lol

Also, more white people bullshit: Italian tourist detained for killing hotel manager in Egypt's Marsa Alam. #StopWhitePeople2k17.

6. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I didn't see anything about them saying "Jews will not replace us" in anything I read (including the Haaretz article).

Since you have already shown you have difficulty interpreting data (such as in your "Black women are the most educated people in America" claim), I'm not going to be examining your arguments too closely unless you are very upfront about your sources.

7. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    It's literally in the second article I posted. It's also in the video I posted, but... let's be real: you actually don't check out the sources and just try to discredit the poster because you don't have arguments.

More pics from Charlottesville:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    The funny part is they are using tiki torches... which are sold for parties and tiki bars, and were culturally appropriated from Polynesia, lol.

9. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    And how exactly does the opposition being idiots discredit the fact that you are trying to censor history?

I don't think anyone beside people who study at Berkeley could not know that, I like how you are trying to pretend this is not the first time you hear about it.
    Blood and soil is the doctrine for ethnic fascism, it's not limited to Nazi Germany.

There we go, that's the real problem right there.

Maybe humanity should also stop using the concept of money as well, since it was invented by the jews, we are culturally appropriating the chosen people's concept.

10. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Did you actually read the article?

11. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
  12. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Your table looks at percentages of degrees across the total US population, while the source at https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=72 looks at degrees within racial groups.

A simple example:
    Say, there are 90 white people, 10 black people, and 100 degrees.
    If 60 white people get degrees, that means they got 60% of all degrees.
    If 10 black people get degrees, that means they got 10% of all degrees.
    But
    Only 66% of all white people got degrees, while 100% of all blacks got degrees.

Your table looks at the total distribution of degrees across all degrees conferred (that's why Asians are sitting at the lowest percentage), while my table looks at the percentage distribution of degrees across races.

13. Seethe

Seethe Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Gross motherfuckers. Saw the car plowing through the crowd as well. Was getting tired of seeing only "left wing antifas are violent" bs being spammed around, when there are simple minded degenerates on both sides. Nothing screams perfection more than a skinny-fat old fart with jeans pulled over his shirt.

14. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    White House adviser says people should stop criticizing white supremacists so much.

This was like, like, two days ago, btw.

15. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Also, I meant to post this a while ago, but kept forgetting. I think it describes very well some people in this thread and the problem with liberal thinking and the whole "ur just as bad xd" attitude. Sorry, but if white supremacists are coming for me, I won't turn the other cheek. People who hate you will hate no matter what you do, so the least you can do is fight back. I hope my position is clear. :p

[​IMG]

16. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
  17. Seethe

Seethe Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Not gonna buy into the whole "don't mind me, I'm just killing Nazis" charade. Far lefties target more than "just Nazis", just like Nazis target more than "just Commies". They're both extremists who adopt the "you're either with us or against us" mentality, and who would put me down for every new nonsense that crosses their minds. They both have their own sets of convictions, labels and buzzwords. This is obvious, and the fact that one evil counters the other, does not make any of them good.

I did not forget from where they started, and I never will. Switching to team "nutjob" from team "lunatic" is redundant. Going from "your average Joe" to either of them, would be worse. Why would I want to do that, when I can tell both to go fuck themselves? The enemy of my enemy is not my friend, it's still my enemy and a means to an end at best.

Blarrg and lovestep like this.
  18. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ok? Except the the alt-right are actually killing people: One dead after violence in Charlottesville.

When was the last time antifa killed anyone? Like, never?

19. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Honestly, this "both sides" bullshit needs to stop. Movements like antifa aren't even institutions and organizations — they appear in various countries at different time to counter the Nazi propaganda. Antifa wasn't even a thing in the US until the alt-right started marching with torches. No, it's not "both sides" — it's a response to one side spreading violence and murdering innocent citizens.

Not at all surprised that Trump is also taking the "both sides" argument: Trump condemns 'hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides' in Charlottesville. Many sides?! Alt-right is literally terrorizing people and killing counter-protesters.

The Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi publication with titles like "#UniteTheRight: Fight Breaks Out at Torchlit March! Nazis WIN!" and "Charlottesville: Car Rams Into Counter-Protesters in Self-Defense" also posted this today:

[​IMG]

20. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Lmao are you this stubborn to accept that you are not holding the moral highground in this?