1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Your anime thought of the day

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Discussion' started by HHHNNNGGG, Oct 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Moderator Staff Member

Mar 26, 2014
    When i was in Korea for a month, i torrented (KickAss) just as i would at home. Obviously i don't know what would happen in Japan, but i think you're severely underestimating piracy in Japan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/japan/sear...sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all

maybe this will help. Still doubt anything will happen if you take the right measures.

2. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    yeah. already searched for it too when I just arrived.

still, gonna be a good boi and just stream for now. my japanese friends always making me paranoid about it. although I am sure most of them didn't even know vpn.

3. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    So I finally got around to trying out Neo Yokio.

It's bad. Just plain bad. Gigguk made a vid about it and he's pretty spot-on with his description: That it's an abridged series portrayed as an actual anime series.

4. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    yea. seen gigguk video and made me skip it. although maybe going to try it just for lul.

5. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Neo Yokio doesn't deserve the big toblerone.

adapt likes this.
  6. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Member

May 30, 2010
    Thank God the dub for DBS exists, its the only way to watch it as japanese audio is quite a nightmare.

7. 5chneemensch

5chneemensch Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Streaming can be tracked too, you know.

Just use some damn DDLs through XDCC bots. The likelyness to get caught, compared to streaming, is infinitely lower.

8. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Gigguk's latest vid is amazing.

9. Louie!

Louie! Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I found a nice playlist made by anons in youtube of about 80% of all Urusei Yatsura episoedes/movies/ova. I remember watching the show when I was still young and seeing anime boobs. O:

10. mephistos

mephistos Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Behold, mortals, for I have come to delight your puny lives with my presence once more.
    Even I cannot resist the lure of a season which humbly delivers second seasons of magnificent shows, namely Overlord, DagashiKashi aswell as Basilisk. May astounding entertainment emerge from the shallow sea of generic anime shows.

Thus spoken, this place appears to be rather devoid of life.
    I would happen to appreciate the occurence of activity, especially from those that used to manifest their opinions rather frequently in this very thread.

11. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I used to post here a lot but see, people aren't replying much.

Like in manga thread, there were a few times where I posted some double or triple posts because no one replied. I hope to see a few opinions of people reading the same manga.

Frankly I lost interest, and with me being busy I don't watch anime as much as before. I basically skipped the last season even though I'd certainly look back to watch YuYuYu. I used to follow 10-13 shows per season but now it comes down to only one or two. It is also easier to watch piling up manga than watching anime, which can fail easily beyond your expectation. When you are busy you don't want to waste time on shitty shows after all.

Now I'm watching Ainz-sama and Loli March, and that's all. Probably I'll pick Pop Team Epic for the lulz.

12. asokaaso2

asokaaso2 Member

Apr 26, 2014

Overlord FTW!

I also prefer reading manga rather than watching anime. Main reason is even if the manga is good, it becomes a piece of shit in anime because of limited episodes. The only time I am force to watch anime is when there's no manga adaptation for the LN (Overlord is an exception).

13. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
  14. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Oh boi, can't wait to vote for my favourite anime - YURI ON ICE!!!

adapt likes this.
  15. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    They appear to have improved their system since last year. Last year the winners were decided purely by popular vote, while this year it's both voting and actual judges, which appear to have equal weighting.
    Plus they asked Gigguk for his opinion, which is cool.

Oh and voting has already begun on some categories.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  16. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I somewhat dislike all kinds of award competition, though. It makes the thing sounds like Oscars, and I have a bad impression on Oscars. I don't think that the same thing, run by pro-wannabe weebs, can be better.

17. Jazdia

Jazdia Member

May 28, 2014
    Hello... Jazdia here. I hadn't watched any anime since middle school and just recently some titles sparked my interest. So yeah... I am kinda new around these parts :D

I just finished watching all episodes of Your Lie in April and this one gave me much more 'impact' compared to two other titles I previously watched. It's a very good anime, but I kinda regret watching it. I don't know why... perhaps it's just me who is being too sentimental.

18. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    And the results are in.

[​IMG]

19. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Member

Sep 21, 2010
    >Best ending
    >SoL

Good thing that I nearly quitted animu.

adapt likes this.
  20. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I guess, they could just give all their awards to Boku no Hero Academia. Why even bother with anything else, amirite?

(it's good tho.)